prairie spot

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Purpose

What gives us purpose? Human beings seem to need it but we always have nothing or a million things that drive us. Purpose is also the key to understanding human interaction. It is in the motivations and drives of our co-workers, bosses, friends, family and loved ones that we can understand how to achieve win-win situations where ever possible.

Tonight I was reading from a book by 'the world's greatest salesman'. I'm mixed on reaction to the work, not sure if he is simply following the old fashioned 'think and it becomes true' or if there are some nuggets of wisdom which can be used to realize more of an individual's potential.

That's the ultimate point of all of this isn't it? Realizing more of our potential. I know I am obsessed with efficiency and effectiveness. If these guiding principles are not being realized all I can focus on are the obstacles and I dream of overcoming those barriers and flying forward into a life more real, more authentic, more efficient and effective at achieving my dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home